Sally Greenaway | Australian composer and pianist.
'expressive, introspective and emotionally satisfying original compositions...' (Canberrajazz.net)
Sally is regularly commissioned to write new music and arrangements for ensembles.
Commissioning a new work
Imagine the opportunity of working with a living composer - the experience of hearing a commissioned work performed for the first time is thrilling and rewarding.
If you are thinking of commissioning a new work or arrangement for a specific event or a particular ensemble, why not contact me and we can discuss what type of piece you would like. I write scores with strong consideration to criteria such as the musical abilities of the performer(s), your ideas regarding theme/style/text, and the purpose/occasion.
The Commissioning fee varies depending on several factors, including length of piece, number of instrumental parts, and the deadline. I am willing work collaboratively with the musicians to create the piece, and to workshop the piece with the ensemble.
If you are considering commissioning a new work or arrangement please contact me
Learn more about my music
You can also check out my Soundcloud page for even more examples of my music.
What other people have commissioned
Recent commissions include:
- 2015 - Chamber work: Work in progress for Plexus Trio (Melbourne)
- 2014 - Piano: Cadenza for a Haydn piano sonata candidate
- 2014 - Flute & Piano: Summer Beckons for 'My Love is a House' collaboration
- 2014 - Chamber Orchestra: Elk Branches written during the Australian Youth Orchestra National Music Camp 2014
- 2013 - Choral Work: Noel Day for Woden Valley Youth Choir
- 2013 - Bass Baritone Voice + Piano: Look to This Day for Patrick Baker
- 2013 - Wind Orchestra: Auróra Musis Amíca for Canberra Grammar School
- 2013 - Solo Guitar: Collection of 3 Guitar Works for John Couch
- 2012 - Big Band: God Rest Ye Groovy Gentlemen for Melbourne Composers Big Band
- 2012 - Film Score: The Invisible Thread for James Hunter
- 2012 - Jazz Trio: Flywheel for Trichotomy / Restrung Festival
- 2011 - Guitar/Clarinet Duet: Milonga Interlude for Steve Allen
- 2011 - Chamber Work: Fantasia for Canberra Grammar School
- 2011 - Brass Band: Cirque du Brasse'air for Brass Knuckle Brass Band
- 2011 - Film Score: Godsville for Brianna Donahue
- 2010 - Choral Work: A Touch of Christmas for Woden Valley Youth Choir
- 2010 - Big Band: At the Start of Day for ConneXion Big Band
- 2009 - Film Score: The Nest for Emily Cooper
- 2009 - Film Score: Dance of the Cherry Blossom for Emily Marcom
- 2009 - Big Band: A Taste of Honey for Toney Haley