Commissioning a new work
Imagine the opportunity of working with a living composer - the experience of hearing a commissioned work performed for the first time is thrilling and rewarding.
If you are thinking of commissioning a new work or arrangement for a specific event or a particular ensemble, why not contact me and we can discuss what type of piece you would like. I write scores with strong consideration to criteria such as the musical abilities of the performer(s), your ideas regarding theme/style/text, and the purpose/occasion.
How much does it cost?
The Commissioning fee varies depending on several factors, including length of piece, number of instrumental parts, and the deadline. I am willing work collaboratively with the musicians to create the piece, and to workshop the piece with the ensemble.
Check out these helpful commissioning guides:
- Commissioning: a how to guide for newbies (Jodie Blackshaw)
- How much? A guide for commissioners and composers (Matthew Hindson)
Learn more about my music
Visit my music page to discover more about my compositional style for a wide range of ensembles.
You can also check out these platforms to hear more examples of my music:
If you are considering commissioning a new work or arrangement please contact me
Selected Composing Commission Highlights
- 2017 Musica Viva – Da Vinci’s Apprentice
- 2017 Riley Lee & Steve Allen – Nature’s Mirages
- 2016 Myer Foundation & Melbourne Recital Centre – 7 Great Inventions of the Modern Industrial Age
- 2016 Melbourne Symphony Orchestra – Worlds Within Worlds
- 2016 Bangalow Music Festival – Don’t Forget Your Music
- 2015 Steph Burton – Strawberry Thief (3 pieces)
- 2015 Plexus Trio – Quietude
- 2015 The Resonants – Resonance
- 2014 Canberra Symphony Orchestra – A Touch of Christmas
- 2014 Thea Zimple – Summer Beckons
- 2014 Australian Youth Orchestra – Elk Branches
- 2013 Canberra Grammar School - Auróra Musis Amíca
- 2013 Melbourne Composers Big Band – God Rest Ye Groovy Gentlemen
- 2013 John Couch - Sin Luz; De La Luz
- 2013 Patrick Baker - Look to This Day
- 2012 Restrung New Music Festival - Flywheel
Selected Film & Advertising Original Music Score Commissions
- 2017 Australian Government, information campaigns (x3): Don’t Be A Jeff
- 2016 John Frohlich, short film: Car Park
- 2015 St Vincent de Paul, awareness campaign: CEO Sleepout
- 2014 ScreenACT, feature film: Locks of Love
- 2013 John Frohlich, short film: Perhaps Tomorrow
- 2013 James Hunter, short film: The Invisible Thread